Clearfield Works With PennDOT to ‘Paint the Plow’

Nick Blowers

From left, are students who painted the plow at Clearfield: Zack Hess, Hayden Miles, Remy Mathews, Madison Oswalt, Rileigh Lonjin, Neveah Moore, Mady Liptak, Kyler Rosinsky, Onyx Libreatori, Faith Irwin, Kenny Gill, and Makeeli Redden. Not pictured: Mindy Flemming

Nick Blowers, Staff Writer

The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) is working with six high schools in the region for District 2’s 2017 “Paint the Plow” contest.

This year, District 2 expanded the program from just Clearfield County to also include, Centre, Mifflin, and Juniata counties. Participating schools are Harmony Area, Clearfield Area, Bald Eagle Area, St. Joseph’s Catholic Academy, Bellefonte Area, and East Juniata High School.

Plows were delivered to each school in September and students are working until October 18 to paint their plow following the contest theme of “Ice and snow, take it slow”.

Once the plows are returned to PennDOT, a panel of judges will determine the winner among the six schools. There will also be “Fan Favorite” voting set up on Facebook. District 2 will make a follow-up announcement prior to the start of “Fan Favorite” voting.

This is the second year District 2 has held a “Paint the Plow” competition. The plows will be mounted to a plow truck in the areas of the respective school districts for the upcoming winter season.