Discover Who Makes the Yearbook

The 2017-18 Clearfield Area Junior Senior High School Yearbook Club

Ryan Forcey, Staff Writer

For the most part, almost every student will order a yearbook during High School. However, students rarely think where the books come from or who actually makes them. Dr. Klepfer, the Yearbook Club co-advisor, was kind enough to answer some questions about the process.

According to Dr. Klepfer, at the start of the year the Yearbook Club tends to have around 30 members.  Each student gets a chance to pick which categories they want to take pictures for, according to Dr. Klepfer. Some of the categories range from student life, sports, school plays, school trips, and spirit week, while some choose to design the layout for the page instead.

In addition, Dr. Klepfer states, “Students do not have a set amount of pictures or pages they have to do. Each student gets to select the categories that interest them the most and work from that.” While some clubs take a small trip during the school year, the trip that the Yearbook club takes is to Jostens in State College where they will design the cover of the book.

A lot of hard work goes into making the class yearbook as nice as it can possibly look. It is almost entirely student run and each student puts a large amount of work into each part. Next time you look at or purchase one just take a moment to think about the hard work students and faculty put into it.

According to Mrs. Wingate, co-advisor, yearbooks will be arriving in May and then students will receive a supplement that will have the spring activities in it, such as class trips and prom, which will fit in the back.

Yearbook orders are being taken now! You can buy your Clearfield Bison yearbook from Jostens. Visit jostensyearbooks.com or call 1-877-767-5217. Pay by e-check, credit/debit card, Paypal, or bill later.