Practice school spirit

Student section during one of Clearfield’s home football games.

Rileigh M. Lonjin, Staff Writer

School spirit is a very important element in every high school. Football games, marching band, school dances are all activities that every high school student should participate in. The most memories that are made in high school are made as a result of school spirit. 

Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School is having less and less dances each school year. This is a result of no participation and/or attendance. Having a school dance is becoming more and more rare at our school, yet surrounding schools have them often. 

School dances are an evening to spend dancing, socializing, and sometimes dressing up. The cafeteria is always beautifully decorated by volunteers, a new DJ was hired for the most recent dance, and refreshments are sometimes included. Tickets are usually cheap, so there seems to be no excuse for not attending besides lack of school spirit. 

Additionally, football seems to be one of the only sports teams having an actual student section. Although football games are exciting, there are so many other sports teams that need support. Each sports team at our school deserves an equal amount of support from the students within our school. 

On the other hand, we have amazing pep rallies. Students love participating in these assemblies and showing school spirit. Our entire school comes together in one area to express our collective school spirit. This is a time where students can physically shout and participate in student-made games and activities. 

Ten years from now every previous high school student would love to look back on years full of memories and school spirit. Our high school careers are the most exciting part of our lives, and we all want to look back on those years in enjoyment. Don’t regret not including yourselves in the activities around our school. Show your school spirit.