Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Back to Article
Back to Article

Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Key Club officers and advisors. From left to right, Thad Butler, Karly Rumsky, Mrs. Borden, Mclain Alt, and Mrs. Fye.
Missing from the picture is Alayna Ryan.

Key Club officers and advisors. From left to right, Thad Butler, Karly Rumsky, Mrs. Borden, Mclain Alt, and Mrs. Fye. Missing from the picture is Alayna Ryan.

Mackenzie A. Matthews, Staff Writer

At Clearfield High, there are events constantly occurring. A volleyball game Monday, a band concert Tuesday, a swim meet Wednesday, a play starting Thursday, and a football game Friday. These are events we all hear about, but there are events that take place at our school that many do not know about: Key Club’s holiday projects.

According to President Thad Butler, Key Club is “a volunteer club that is sponsored by Kiwanis,” whose main purpose is “to give back to the community, school, and people in need.”

During the holiday season, Key Club, along with other clubs, hosts events that bring the holiday spirit to life. “Our holiday projects consist of Breakfast with Santa. This is shared between Key Club, Helping Hands, and FCLA. Children come to the school, meet Santa, and receive a book wrapped by club members. Our members also work different stations to give the children some fun activities. This year, we will have a special guest, Mr. Barton, doing balloon animals for the children,” Thad explains.

Why do these events? Thad answers: “We do these events to give back to our community and to show the children what Christmas is about. We also show them what they can do when they enter high school. Overall, we love to see the children smiling as they experience the holiday fun.”

Interested in going and supporting our clubs? “These holiday projects will take place in the cafeteria and the library of the high school. However, we also help other places such as the YMCA and the Salvation Army with their holiday projects. The Breakfast with Santa will be on December 8. There will be three different sessions, we are allowing more students to come than last year.”

When asked if there was anything else he would like to share with our readers, Thad stated: “We encourage students to join our club all year. If you are considering joining Key Club, we encourage you to talk to me, advisor Mrs. Borden, or Vice President Alayna Ryan.”

Mackenzie A. Matthews, Staff Writer

I am currently a senior at CAJSHS. My interests include reading, writing, doing theater technology for our school's drama productions, and playing Euphonium...

• Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Classes and Club Happenings

Alumni share college experiences with seniors

• Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Classes and Club Happenings

Junior High Reader’s Theatre Club prepares for another play

• Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Classes and Club Happenings

Helping Hands and Ceramics I help with the Empty Bowls Project

• Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Classes and Club Happenings

Video Game Club is a fun – and educational – way to relax

• Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Classes and Club Happenings

Life Beyond High School Class offers EVERFI certification

• Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Classes and Club Happenings

Humans of Our Hallways Project establishes a school-wide connection

• Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Classes and Club Happenings

Breakfast with Santa coming Dec. 8

• Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Classes and Club Happenings

School dance is a blast

• Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Classes and Club Happenings

The Upcoming Year in the Spanish Honor Society

• Key Club announces Holiday Projects

Classes and Club Happenings

Guitar Workshop participants get to create their own guitar

The Student News Site of Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School
Key Club announces Holiday Projects