Bringing in the new Bocce season

The bocce team is an integrated sport affiliated with the Special Olympics.

Cruz R. Wright, Staff Writer

This winter season, a returning team to look out for is the Clearfield Bocce Team. With a handful of alumni, the season is looking to start with a great amount of enthusiasm from both players and coaches.

The roster of the team this year is going to include a band of eleven students and will have four returning athletes. Tyler O’Shea, Tyrone White, Shaylee Sharp, and Lily Rosinsky will all be returning to the team this winter season. As seasoned players, they will help their incoming teammates learn how to play and will bring wisdom to the foundation of the 2018-2019 team. Lily Rosinsky says that she is most excited for this season because of the incredible experience she had playing on the team last year.

However, this season the team may experience some differences that they have not seen before. This season, Dr. Spaid, co-advisor, says she would love to have two teams working in synchronicity and competing side-by-side. The addition of the Moshannon Valley team comes with the addition of matches, with a rising total to five or six throughout the season. West Branch, Curwensville, and Moshannon Valley are the opponents Clearfield will face this season. Dr. Spaid promises that bocce remains fun but has a competitive flare with passionate players.

Rosinsky says that she is excited to help the team grow into this league. She further hopes that her teammates will work hard to become acquainted with other teams and will learn just how important such a sport is to people. Equipped with returning players, new players, and experienced coaches, the bocce team is gearing up for the season starting in the month of December.

Learning the rules and trying to form a cohesive team, the bocce team will practice once a week and will be working hard as they approach their games in the coming months. Practices consisting of team building, exercising, and working to learn the sport will be employed to help students become players.

Dr. Spaid anticipates a rush of energy from the team and hopes to see the community come out and support. The schedule for the season will be posted as soon as it has been secured. The bocce team will be glad to have a strong fan base from the Clearfield student body. Rosinsky even claims that the team is like a family and would openly expand to its fans. The active support of students is a great boost to the immense amount of joy that the team will get to experience throughout the winter season.

Cruz R. Wright, Staff Writer

I am currently a junior at CAJSHS who participates in a plethora of extracurricular activities, which include: theatre, band and choir, tennis, and volunteer...

• Bringing in the new Bocce season

Sports

Take Down for Cancer gives back

• Bringing in the new Bocce season

Sports

Clearfield swimmers go to Bucknell University

• Bringing in the new Bocce season

Sports

Peak Week challenges swimmers over the holidays

• Bringing in the new Bocce season

Sports

Luke Mikesell amazes all

• Bringing in the new Bocce season

Sports

Boys’ basketball team embarks on another season

• Bringing in the new Bocce season

Sports

Runners share what it’s like to compete at States

• Bringing in the new Bocce season

Sports

PIAA District 9 Cross Country results

• Bringing in the new Bocce season

Sports

Coach Mo recaps her coaching career

• Bringing in the new Bocce season

Sports

Cross Country banquet 2018 was exciting

• Bringing in the new Bocce season

Sports

Soccer banquet 2018 was incredible

The Student News Site of Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School
Bringing in the new Bocce season