Local colleges doing tours this spring

Lock Haven Clearfield (Source: lhu.edu)

Alyssa G. Twigg, Staff Writer

As many of our seniors head off to college this fall, many juniors here at Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School do not realize that they will be in this year’s senior’s shoes at this time next year. Students as early as sophomores could start considering colleges that interest them. Many colleges local to Clearfield are doing tours for the Spring season. All of these tours are available to juniors and seniors in high school. The farthest college on this list is two hours away; the closest 15 minutes. Keep reading to see if a college you are interested in is doing a tour this spring!

Lock Haven Clearfield– Lock Haven Clearfield has open houses that occur each fall and spring. The dates for this spring are Saturday, March 23, and Saturday, April 27. Some of the topics of these open houses include: Financial Aid, Majors, the Bookstore, and actual tours. If open houses aren’t your thing, from Monday-Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. you can schedule a tour. Call: 814-768-3405.

Lock Haven Main– Offers visits in the mornings at 9:30 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, and select Saturdays. There are open houses on select days and major-specific lectures.

Saint Francis University– There is a spring Open House on April 27, 2019 from 8:45 a.m. To 3:30 p.m.

Slippery Rock University– One can schedule a weekday or weekend tour of Slippery Rock by calling 724-738-2015 or emailing asktherock@sru.edu. There is an open house to be held in Spring and the date should be announced soon.

Indiana University of Pennsylvania– There are small-group walking tours that one can schedule during weekdays available to anyone. There will be an open house announced for spring 2019 very soon.

Penn State– On April 1, 5, and 6, Penn State main is holding a tour/open house for accepted students to explore their major and meet the people they will work with during college.

Penn State DuBois– Penn State DuBois offers visits available for scheduling during the week. On select dates of the month, one of which being March 30, Saturday campus tours are offered. Certain days, they offer specialized visits for those interested in a specific major. For example: April 29, 2019, is Physical Therapist/Physical Therapist Assistant Day.

Penn State Altoona– Every Monday and Friday Penn State Altoona offers “an inside look” tours on different majors. These are especially beneficial to students interested in Nursing, as some of them are specially geared toward Penn State Altoona’s Nursing Program.

Bucknell University– You can schedule individual visits at Bucknell University Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. You can call their admissions office at 570-577-3000 or check their website to see which tour dates are already booked.

Pitt Johnstown– For Pitt Johnstown, there are weekly campus visits, individual or group, for future students. You can call 814-269-7050 in order to find out when you can book your visit. You can get a $500 incentive towards your tuition if you get accepted just by visiting campus!

One can stop in the guidance office here at our school and pick up a college visit packet to fill out on your trip. College visits are an excused absence from school, and if you fill out the aforementioned packet, you can get a career artifact by visiting a college, too! Happy touring!