Mrs. Reefer is new English teacher

Mrs.+Reefer
Back to Article
Back to Article

Mrs. Reefer is new English teacher

Mrs. Reefer

Mrs. Reefer

Cassie Eamigh

Mrs. Reefer

Cassie Eamigh

Cassie Eamigh

Mrs. Reefer

Cassie Eamigh, Staff Writer

This year at CAJSHS, we have welcomed a new teacher into our school. Mrs. Reefer is a junior high English teacher and she has answered some questions for us to get to know her better.

Question: Have you worked at another school before transferring?

Mrs. Reefer: “I previously worked for Pleasant Local Schools, Marietta City Schools, and Epworth Preschool & Daycare.”

Question: How long have you been a teacher?

Mrs. Reefer: “I have been an educator for 9 years.”

Question: What grade(s) did you teach?

Mrs. Reefer: “I have subbed in everything from Gym to German, but I had my own classrooms teaching 4th & 5th grade English/Language Arts and 5th grade Social Studies.”

Question: How do you feel about our school so far?

Mrs. Reefer: “I feel welcomed and a part of the Clearfield Area School District already. I am enjoying getting to know my students and colleagues more and more each day.”

Question: What made you want to start a career in teaching?

Mrs. Reefer: “I love school. When I decided on a career, I wanted to spend as much time in school as possible. I strive to be a lifelong learner, so teaching made sense to me. I get to go to school forever.”

Question: What school(s) have you taught at?

Mrs. Reefer: “I have taught at Pleasant Middle School, Putnam Elementary School, and Harmar Elementary School. I’ve also been a substitute teacher in over 20 schools throughout Ohio and PA.”

Question: When did you begin teaching?

Mrs. Reefer: “I started teaching after leaving law school. I decided not to be a lawyer, and instead, went back to school to get a Masters degree in Middle Childhood Education.”

Question: Do you plan to be a junior high teacher for the rest of your teaching career at CAJSHS?

Mrs. Reefer: “Yes. I enjoy teaching junior high, but would be open to teaching Reading or Social Studies in the future.”

Question: What are you looking forward to this upcoming year?

Mrs. Reefer: “I look forward to getting to know my students more in order to create a comfortable and enthusiastic learning environment.”