The Lady Bison take on Curwensville Tide

Sandy Bailor

The Clearfield Lady Bison Volleyball team includes starting from left first row: Lauren Coleman, Bella Spingola, Anna Hale, and Adrian Rowles. Second Row: Rachele Owens, Cassie Eamigh, Lauren Ressler, Alaina Fedder, and Olivia Bender. Third Row: Morgan Cheek, Paige Rhine, and Alyssa Rowles.

Bella Spingola, Staff Writer

On Sept. 16, the Clearfield Lady Bison Volleyball Team took on their home rival of Curwensville Area High School. This would be the Lady Bison’s fourth game of the year with a record of 0-3 so far.

Head coach Sandy Bailor held high hopes walking into this fourth game. “I would like to see the girls improve every time they get on the court and to gain confidence in their play as individuals and as a team.  The program has struggled for so many years and I want to see this program be able to really compete with the rest of the Mountain League.  Wins and losses never define a team, it’s the hard work and the effort your players give you and right now this team is doing just that,” states Coach Bailor.

The Lady Bison went into this game with a strong positive mind-set, however, fell short of the win in three sets. The scores of the game are as follows:

14-25

25-27

20-25

As the Lady Bison conclude their time with the Golden Tide, they will set new expectations for the next up coming game. “We will play Curwensville again on Monday October21, 2019 @ Curwensville.   I strongly believe we will be a much-improved team for the next match up and we will avenge our loss,” states Coach Bailor.

The Lady Bison will hold their next big match on Oct.10 when they host Dig for a Cure against The Lady Mounties of Philipsburg. To keep up with the Lady Bison’ next big matches, their schedule can be found online.