Teacher in the Spotlight: Mrs. Moyer

Mrs.+Moyer+and+her+Journalism+students.+

Mrs. Moyer and her Journalism students.

Christina McGinnis, Staff Writer

The teacher in the spotlight includes a teacher that the writer would like to recognize. Mrs. Moyer is a tenth grade English teacher and she teaches the Journalism class that allows students from ninth grade to twelfth grade to enjoy writing and publishing their work. 

When did you start teaching? 

Mrs. Moyer: “I started teaching in 2012 when I joined the English Department as a 10th grade teacher here at Clearfield.”

How did you know you wanted to be a teacher?

Mrs. Moyer: “I have always loved school and education. After graduating from college, I started working at The Progress newspaper. When I became the editor, part of my job was to work with new students right out of journalism school. Helping them become better writers and reporters sparked my desire to teach as a career.”

What is your favorite part about teaching?

Mrs. Moyer: “My favorite part of teaching is working with young people. Their ideas and energy keep me young!”

What are you most excited for this school year?

Mrs. Moyer: “I am always excited to see how my students progress through the year, both in knowledge and maturity.”

What classes do you teach?

Mrs. Moyer: “I teach English 10 Pre-AP, Literary Seminar II, and Journalism I and II.”

What is the hardest part of teaching?

Mrs. Moyer: “The hardest part of teaching is seeing students who refuse to engage in the educational process. It’s hard because I know what the future holds for students who don’t earn their education.”

What else would you like the readers to know?

Mrs. Moyer: “I would like the readers to know that I take great pride in my profession and in this school. It’s a beautiful facility filled with teachers, staff, and administrators who want the very best for its students. I love coming to work every day and when you love what you do, it never seems like work. I hope students can keep this in mind when they plan for their own careers.”