Students share visit to Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Rachel Owens, Staff Writer

Time for all the college trips. The trips could be through the school or alone with their family. Every student should visit some colleges sometime in their high school career. As of for me, I took a trip to Edinboro University of Pennsylvania and explaining many things it has to offer. Whether students decide to go to college or the military or if college just isn’t for them, it gives everyone an opportunity to choose their future.

Speakers give a presentation on Edinboro’s new students and the honors program.

Edinboro is in Edinboro, PA. It’s a public college in Erie that accepts about 95% of the people who apply, according to its website. I visited this college with a friend and my family on Monday, Feb. 17, 2020. The campus is very big and has several students who attend for many different majors.

To add, Edinboro University has an amazing mission for how they want their students to feel. The university also has an amazing event calendar on their website to let students know what goes on where and when and to help keep the students entertained on their downtime if they would like. Edinboro not only has extracurricular activities but it also provides many other different types of events such as things like, comedians, musicians, movies, and many other events to help give the students the best college experience.

Edinboro may provide many fun activities and events to keep students entertained, but it also has many other things to offer. For example, it has many different community service activities along with many resources that the students can use to help benefit them and their college career.

In addition to Edinboro having all these perks, it also offers suite-style housing in The Highlands along with two other recreational halls monitored by students and professionals. The college sits right in the center of the lake-side community of Edinboro, which offers many more entertainment options and shopping for the college students.

Edinboro is also a very artistic college and encourages its students to look at the wonderful sculptures and paintings that you will find all over the campus.

The beautiful art that is painted along the side of Edinboro shows how the college encourages their students to be artistic.