Ms. Coletta is new teacher and cheerleading coach

Hannah Salvatore Trinidad, Staff Writer

Ms. Coletta took the job of an English teacher for 7th and 8th graders at the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School. She also took over the junior varsity coaching position for cheerleading along with an assistant coach for varsity cheerleading.

Q: How has your experience been so far teaching English to the 7th and 8th graders?

Ms. Coletta: “So far, my experience has been great! Because of the pandemic, it is a very weird year to start in a new place (and new grade level!) but it has been a nice transition!”

Q: What are some positives and negatives?

Ms. Coletta: “Some of the positives are that the school is filled with faculty and staff that are so kind and willing to help, this age group is so much fun to teach and interact with, and I am so happy to be able to teach in-person again.

“I only have two negatives. The first is that I am new to both the school and the Clearfield area, so I am trying to learn and get used to many new ‘things’ at once. The second negative is that we do not get to be with all of the students all of the time. I am thankful that we can be in school at all, but I cannot wait to be back to ‘normal’!”

Q: Did you teach at a different school before you came here, if so what school?

Ms. Coletta: “Yes, I taught at Duckrey Tanner Elementary School in North Philadelphia.”

Q: What college did you attend to become a teacher?

Ms. Coletta: “The Pennsylvania State University, University Park”

Q: Do you enjoy help coaching the varsity cheerleading team so far?

Ms. Coletta: “I love it! I took the coaching position for JV so helping with varsity is very beneficial for me to see how the program(s) work. Plus, the cheerleaders are very talented and also very fun to be around!”

Q: Do you have any background with cheerleading?

Ms. Coletta: “Yes! I used to cheer when I was in school!”

Q: Do you plan on coaching the cheer team in the future as well?

Ms. Coletta: “Absolutely!”

Q: What are your hopes for the rest of the season?

Ms. Coletta: “For myself, I hope that I can become more comfortable in the coaching position. I feel a little out of place (remember new to everything here!) since I do not know the cheerleaders well, nor do I know all of the cheers that this school does or the dances, etc. I hope to learn more of this and I also hope to get to know the girls better so that they can see that I know what I am talking about and so that they feel comfortable with me, too!

“For the cheerleaders, I hope that they can make the most of the season, whatever it looks like. It is very different than any season of which I have ever been a part and I can only imagine what a disappointment it must be for them (and all athletes). However, they are all going through it together, so I hope that they can bond through it and have some fun!”