Student Council hoping to organize fund-raiser with the American Heart Association

Summer Wynn, Staff Writer

Throughout the 2020-2021 school year, the Clearfield Are Jr-Sr High School student council has been trying their hardest to keep students involved in school activities as “normal” amidst the ongoing pandemic. However, many challenges have risen regarding different school-wide activities that could be put in place that would work with the Covid-19 guidelines that have been put in place.

Last month for Valentines Day, the student council got the students more involved by creating an anonymous “valentine” that students could purchase for another student of their choice. This was something that got a lot of students more involved with the school as well as helped to bring a little more joy into the school during this difficult time.

For the springtime, the student council will be working with the American Heart Association in order to host a school-wide event that will benefit the organization. This will be much like the Queen of Hearts that Clearfield High has been putting on for the past several years. More information is to come regarding the event as it draws closer.