Advice for the upcoming freshman class

Christina McGinnis, Staff Writer

Throughout high school, it has never felt real that I would one day graduate. Now being in the fourth quarter of my senior year, it seems like it went by in a blink of an eye. There are many things that I wish I knew and did differently. I am sure many of my classmates can say the same. I can say that my high school years have had a positive influence on me as a person and have helped me shape my future plans.

If there is any advice I can give to the upcoming freshman class, it is to get involved as much as you can. Do not be afraid to take the dual- enrolled courses or AP classes; they will help you as a student.

Enjoy your friends and make as many memories as you can with them.

Consider being a student athlete. I have been a student athlete throughout high school, and I can say that our teams are family.

Many of your teachers will tell you this: You must be your own advocate. It is true, you must be responsible to get your assignments completed on time. Most of all, don’t be afraid to reach out to your teachers. They are there to help you succeed.

This year was definitely not a “normal” senior year seeing as we followed an A/B schedule. I missed seeing my other friends and doing things as a class, but I think that this year taught me to be more of an advocate for myself and my schoolwork. I had to be sure that I was caught up with assignments. On my “off days” I was responsible to complete and turn in assignments. If I missed class or needed help, it was my job to reach out. I think that this has prepared me for my upcoming years of college.

I am excited to move on to the next chapter of my life, but I will miss my teachers and all those who have helped me throughout the years; I can’t thank them enough for all their help.