New math teacher introduced to Clearfield

Ms. Little at her desk.

Riley Ryen, Staff Writer

This year, a few more teachers were introduced into our building. Ms. Little, a new math teacher, is one of these additions. However, she was already familiar with the school because she was a student teacher for the 2020-2021 school year. To learn more about her, continue to read below.

Q: Who made the biggest impact on you becoming a teacher and what did they say to you?

Ms. Little: “For me one person that made the biggest impact on me becoming a teacher was my former math teacher in high school. I had this teacher over the course of three years throughout school. Consistently she pushed me not only try harder, but also to think outside of the box. She is one of the people that make me strive to be a better teacher and a better person every day.”

Q: What made you move to Clearfield to teach?

Ms. Little: “I grew up in Clearfield County, and I have always dreamed of teaching in a school district in the area where I grew up. For me I really enjoy the community that not only Clearfield provides, but also the community that the school district itself provides.”

Q: When did you know that you wanted to become a teacher?

Ms. Little: “Personally, I think I have always known I have wanted to be a teacher, but I think the first time I was vocal about it was to another teacher when I was in 8th grade. At this age I began to get into tutoring some of my friends, and then I started to realize that it could be something I wanted to build on in my adulthood.”

Q: Where did you attend high school and college?

Ms. Little: “I attended high school at West Branch Area JSHS, and I graduated from college from Lock Haven University.”

Q: Why did you choose to teach math and not another subject?

Ms. Little: “Math was always my favorite subject in school and after knowing I wanted to become a teacher, the content area became clear as well. For me teaching math was not just teaching the mathematics, but the practicality of mathematics in everyday life. Mathematics is all about recognizing the patterns and making the connections, and I wanted help the students bridge that gap and make the discovery.”

Q: How have you been enjoying your first couple weeks here?

Ms. Little: “So far, my first couple of weeks at Clearfield School have been great, between both meeting new colleagues and new students. I am looking forward to what this school year will bring!”

Q: What do you enjoy doing outside of the school?

Ms. Little: “Outside of school I enjoy walking my dog, Leonard. I also enjoy spending time with my family and friends in my free time.”

Q: If you were able to change the subject you teach, would you and why?

Ms. Little: “If I was able to change the content I teach to a different one, besides mathematics, I would not. I love math, and I could not see myself teaching anything but math.”