Electives You Should Take, For Real

Olivia Rowles, Staff Writer

It is almost time for the most stressful part of the year: scheduling for your next year of classes. Along with choosing which core class students want to take, they also have the option to take electives. I asked students some of their favorite elective classes so you can get some ideas of classes that are worth taking.

English

Creative Writing with Mr. Yingling- This class is recommended by Junior Zoah Mandel. You are given prompts and have to write in a specific writing style.

Social Studies

Psychology and Sociology with Mr. D. Billotte- This class is recommended by Senior Ava Lynch. In this class you learn about how and why our brains work the way that they do.

Criminal Justice with Mr. D. Billotte- This class is recommended by Senior Mason Marshall. In this class you have a chance to take a closer look at some famous court cases, as well as the justice system as a whole.

Drafting and Technology Ed

Material Processing with Mr. Danver- This class is recommended by Juniors Cole Bloom and Luke Pallo. This class is offered in the form of Material Processing I, II, and III. You learn how to build things out of wood using the shop’s tools.

Fabrication Lab with Mr. Lytle- This class is recommended by Junior Carter Chamberlain.

Inventor with Mr. Lytle- This class is recommended by Junior Ethan Evilsizor. This course is offered in the form of Inventor I and II. In order to take Inventor I you must be in 10-12 grade, and in order to take Inventor II you must be in 11-12 grade.

Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) with Mr. Lytle- This class is recommended by Freshman Sadie Ryan. This class uses computer programs to make projects.

Music

Introduction to Music with Mr. Mandell- This class is recommended by Junior Evan Forcey.

Music in Cinema with Mr. Mandell- This class is recommended by Junior Haley Wilson. In this class, you discuss the history of music and cinema and how they work together.

Art

Ceramics with Mrs. Barnett- This class is recommended by Sophomore Gabby Henry and Junior Kaylie Brown. This class is offered in the form of Ceramics I, Ceramics II, and Ceramics studio.

Drawing and Painting with Mrs. Adams- This class is recommended by Juniors Anthony Lopez and Ally Middleton. In this class, you learn the basics of drawing and painting.

Crafts with Mrs. Barnett- This is recommended by Junior Sam Campolong, who says it’s a  fun class where you complete various craft projects.

Family and Consumer Sciences

Foods of the World with Mrs. Woolridge- This class is recommended by Senior McKenna Lanager. This is the perfect class for foodies who wish to learn more about various culture’s cuisine.

Creative Cooking with Ms. Sallack- This class is recommended by Juniors Danielle Cline and Will Domico. In Creative Cooking I and II, you have a chance to learn how to cook many different types of food with many different techniques.

Agricultural Education

Animal Science with Mrs. Carr- This class is recommended by Junior Baylee English.

Agricultural Mechanics with Mrs. Carr- This class is recommended by Sophomore Reese Benton.

World Languages

Spanish with Senora Wittie- This class is recommended by Junior Ethan Achmoody. Did you know that 10 percent of Americans are native Spanish speakers? This class is the perfect opportunity to learn more about the Spanish language.