Art Students prepare for Fall Festival

Period 5 scarecrow group picture

Molly Kessler, Staff Writer

The Fall Festival is quickly approaching. The Fall Festival is going to be held October 13, 2018 from ten to four in downtown Clearfield. The Fall Festival is being brought to Clearfield by the Clearfield Revitalization Corporation, and the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School students also have a part in this.

The students who are in Mrs. Adams’ Basic Art Classes and Miss Kuntz’s Craft Classes make scarecrows to be hung up downtown. The scarecrows are not only hung up downtown but, according to Mrs. Adams, “I believe making the scarecrows helped students think outside of the box and use their creativity. It also enhances students’ collaborative skills.”

Not only is making scarecrows for the festival a creative outlet, it also allows the students to be proud of their work because the community enjoys their scarecrows. The scarecrows are also judged by members of the community and the Clearfield Revitalization Corporation and the people who created the winning scarecrow are given a prize.

Not only can you see all of the scarecrows, but you can also attend live music, games, craft vendors, food vendors, a 5k and so much more. The Fall Festival is great place to have fun with friends and family but it also a great reason for Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School students to let their creativity flow.