2019 band show happening Oct. 19

Rachel Owens, Staff Writer

On Oct. 19, Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School Band will be attending a Band Show at Bald Eagle Area High School. The Band will be performing their show with different show tunes from the musical “Les Misérables.”

The Band show will be held at 6:00 p.m. It will be open to the public from anyone in Clearfield and centre counties. There is no required entry fee to get in, it’s just for the public and other bands to sit and enjoy other bands’ shows.

Mr. Mandell proceeds to further explain the band show. He states that the hardest part of the band show is working on the drill over and over just to perfect it and peak it.

Each band only gets about 15 minutes to perform their show. Most bands have shows with around 3-5 pieces of music in each one. They also have drill that goes with each song and its different for every piece of music. Drills normally vary depending on how strong the band is in all. They can have very few sets like 10-20 or anything from 20-35. The Bison band normally has a drill range from 20-35 since they start working on it sooner than some bands.

The Band show is important to not only the directors to show off their amazing work but for the band members because they get to show what they have learned along with making new friends with other band members from different schools.