Drama Club looking for new members

Members of the Drama Club presented Alice in Wonderland.

Jessica Griffith, Staff writer

Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School has an outstanding Drama Club this school year. Their latest play was “Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland” with 44 amazing students as cast members and about 8 stage crew members on stage. In order for students to be a part of the Dram Club they have to be in grades 9 through 12, however some roles may have 7 and 8 graders, depending on the show put on. The students that are in the play rehearse is around two months and for a musical it is about three months.

Mr. Switala and Mr. Duttry are normally the ones who the students audition in front of for the fall plays; during the spring auditions it is Mr. Switala with Mr. Rothrock who decide. The funding for the play comes from the school district. The price of the tickets; usually around five dollars, go to the costumes, props, and the set materials. Mr. Switala, play director, states, “We encourage all students to participate to get the experience.  Often, we don’t know if we will enjoy something until we try it.  Try Drama Club!”

The Drama Club will be having its 2020 spring musical, Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida “The Timeless Love Story” mid-April. To see more wonderful plays, Philipsburg-Osceola Middle School and CAST in downtown Clearfield put on productions as well.