3 on 3 Tournament raises money for Fellowship of Christian Athletes

Students receiving rules from Coach Glunt

Karli Bietz, Staff Writer

On Saturday, Feb. 29, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Club held its 19th annual 3 on 3 basketball tournament at the Clearfield Area Elementary School. The tournament was held as a fundraiser for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Club. There are many different age groups as well as different boys/girls brackets to make the tournament fair for all who enter. The money raised at the tournament is used to give senior club members scholarships, buy the club t-shirts, and fund missions.

This year there were 38 teams that took part in the tournament which helped raise over $2,000 for the Fellowship of Christian Athletes Club. Within the tournament there was 4th-6th grade boys, 4th-6th grade girls, 7th-9th grade girls, 9th-11th grade boys,7th-8th grade boys, 12th grade and up men’s open, and 10th-12th grade and up women’s open.

Mrs. Bookhamer, who advises the club, says that before the next tournament she “would encourage readers to get a team together, come out, and play. It is for a good cause and we always have so much fun. Even if you do not get a team together, you could come and watch and cheer on your favorite players.”

A junior at the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School, Megan Durandetta, who has played in the tournament many years said: “My favorite part was getting to play with a new group of girls this year and winning with them.”