Key Club: Small changes for a big impact

Mrs.+Borden%2C+one+of+the+Key+Club+advisors+with+her+Key+Club+sign.+

Mrs. Borden, one of the Key Club advisors with her Key Club sign.

Alyssa G. Twigg, Staff Writer

Over the years at Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School, clubs go through different changes. This year, a couple changes are coming to Key Club, advised by Mrs. Borden and Mrs. Fye.

The main change in Key Club for this school year is that officers will be elected at the end of this year instead of the beginning of next year. Grades 9-11 will be able to vote on next year’s officers, but seniors will be excluded since they will be graduated. This is so things are already set up next year, and the club will be ready as soon as the school year kicks off.

The other change in Key Club this year is due to the ending of Helping Hands Club last year. Every year, Helping Hands Club organizes the Be-You-Tiful Girls Day Seminar, where girls in grades 6-8, are able to attend a day of fun and educational classes run by upperclassman. This day is very important for these young girls, as it allows a fun, creative outlet to take off some of the stress from the end of the school year. When Helping Hands Club departed, Mrs. Zimmerman’s request was that Key Club take over the Be-You-Tiful Girls Day Seminar. Mrs. Borden and the rest of Key Club along with some volunteers are taking over Girls Day and are going to try and replicate it as closely as possible to how Helping Hands did it for many years.

If you know any girls in grades 6-8 who are interested in attending Key Club’s Be-You-Tiful Girls Day Seminar on May 9, they can see Mrs. Borden for a t-shirt order form, or stay tuned for a meeting that will be held in the coming weeks.