Horror, and Holidays, November Movie Releases

Polaroid the movie poster

Kristen Smith

Polaroid the movie poster

Nick Blowers, Staff Writer

The best movies of November and early December

By: Nick Blowers, Staff writer

The following five films release dates, and ratings, all came from IMDb.com, all information and summaries are from IMDb.com.

Wonder- Release Date: November 17th, 2017

PG|1 hr 53 min

Plot Summary

Born with facial differences that, up until now, have prevented him from going to a mainstream school, Auggie Pullman becomes the most unlikely of heroes when he enters the local fifth grade. As his family, his new classmates, and the larger community all struggle to discover their compassion and acceptance, Auggie’s extraordinary journey will unite them and prove you can’t blend in when you were born to stand out.

The Man Who Invented Christmas- Release Date: November 22nd, 2017

PG|1 hr 44 min

Plot Summary

Using real-life inspiration and a vivid imagination, author Charles Dickens brings Ebenezer Scrooge, Tiny Tim and other classic characters to life in “A Christmas Carol,” forever changing the holiday season into the celebration known today.

The Current War- Release Date: November 24th, 2017

Not Yet Rated|1 hr 47 min

Plot Summary

Thomas Edison and George Westinghouse — the greatest inventors of the industrial age — engage in a battle of technology and ideas that will determine whose electrical system will power the new century. Backed by J.P. Morgan, Edison dazzles the world by lighting Manhattan. But Westinghouse, aided by Nikola Tesla, sees fatal flaws in Edison’s direct current design. Westinghouse and Tesla bet everything on risky and dangerous alternating current.

Polaroid- Release Date: December 1st, 2017

PG-13

Plot Summary

High school loner Bird Fitcher finds a vintage Polaroid camera that holds dark and mysterious secrets. She soon realizes that those who get their picture taken by it meet a tragic and untimely death.

Coco- Release Date: November 22nd, 2017

PG

Plot Summary

Despite his family’s generations-old ban on music, young Miguel (Anthony Gonzalez) dreams of becoming an accomplished musician like his idol Ernesto de la Cruz (Benjamin Bratt). Desperate to prove his talent, Miguel finds himself in the stunning and colorful Land of the Dead. After meeting a charming trickster named Hector (Gael García Bernal), the two new friends embark on an extraordinary journey to unlock the real story behind Miguel’s family history