Clearfield Students Paint Windows Downtown for the Holidays

Nick Vaow, Staff Writer

Students in the Clearfield Area Junior Senior High School’s Art Club, as well as other select students, recently participated in painting the windows of small businesses in downtown Clearfield.

Per tradition, art teachers Mrs. Adams and Mrs. Barnett reached out to local businesses asking if they were interested in having their windows painted by the students in order to add a festive flair to the downtown area. Many of the businesses welcomed the offer and agreed to participate.

Students were excused from school on November 17th to go out and paint the businesses with the carefully and thoughtfully executed plans and stencils that were prepared in the weeks leading up to the event. The designs ranged from winter themes to Christmas themes, and even some paintings on the businesses themselves.

Many of the participating businesses reached out after the paintings were put up to express their appreciation for the time and effort put into making their establishment look a little more festive for the holidays. Other businesses have reached out to have the students paint their windows for the holidays based on the artistic work that was done downtown. Students have also painted some of the windows in our very own school to get ready for the holidays.

Dubois radio station, Sunny101, was gracious enough to present the window painters with a certificate of appreciation to show their gratitude to the students for the work that they put in this year.

Next time you are downtown, look around at the festive pieces of art that are spread around the buildings that were created by your own classmates.