New Addition to the 2023 Football Team: Coach Caragein

Gavin Lukens, Staff Writer

The CHS football team will be seeing some changes for the upcoming 2023 season. Coach Janocko has stepped down from his position of head football coach after 38 years. With this being said, the community is welcoming the new head coach, Myles Caragein. He was previously the assistant coach, and when interviewed, he showed his excitement for this position.

What football background do you have?

“I started playing football in kindergarten, then through high school. I was able to receive a scholarship to play college football at PITT (The University of Pittsburgh). After college, I got into a couple of camps with the Chicago Bears and the Dallas Cowboys. After those camps, I went back to school to become a teacher.”

How long have you been involved with Clearfield football?

“I have been coaching football at Clearfield since I was hired as a teacher in 2014. I just completed my 9th season with the program.”

What are you looking forward to for next season?

“I am looking forward to working with the athletes. I really enjoy watching the students involved grow as people and athletes.”

What are your expectations for your athletes?

“I expect my athletes to do their best, learn the game, and to enjoy playing football.”

What is your favorite part about coaching?

“My favorite part is working with the athletes and being around them. Watching them get stronger in the weight room during the off season and to improve athletically on the field during the season. Helping them reach their goals and to see how happy they are when they accomplish it, it a great feeling for me.”

What changes are you planning to make to the football program? What will stay the same?

“Coach Janocko did a great job of producing a winning football team for the last 38 years. I want to take some of the things he did and combine it with my own style. The offense will be updated to a more modern style of offense and I hope to incorporate some change into practices to help the kids learn individual technique while learning to work together as a team.”