Prom 2023: “A Starry Night in Paris”

Curtsey+of+Andersons+

Curtsey of Anderson’s

Nadia Libreatori, Staff Writer

This year the Clearfield Area Junior Senior High School’s prom will be held on May 6th at the Copper Cork Event Center in Clearfield. Promenade will be held at the CAJSHS auditorium from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., but lineup begins in the cafeteria at 6 p.m. Students will be escorted across the stage by their dates as their names are called, stopping for a photo opportunity and then exiting down the staircase. Students without a date may escort themselves or a friend across the stage! Everyone is welcome to attend promenade and it is a great opportunity for friends and family to see students’ prom looks. Prom is to follow from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. With this year’s theme being “A Starry Night in Paris”, the night will be filled with tons of lights, Paris-themed refreshments, a chocolate fountain, a photo booth, and a DJ, all of which are included in your admission. By the end of the night, the senior prom court that was chosen by fellow seniors will each pick up a wrapped rose. Once unwrapped, the boy and the girl that picked up the different colored rose will be this year’s prom King and Queen!

Here are some commonly asked questions:

Q: “Who can attend prom?”

A: Clearfield students in grades 11th-12th are allowed to attend. Any underclassman wanting to attend must have a date who goes to CAJSHS and is either a junior or a senior. Another regulation is no attendees can be 21 or older.

Q: “Can I bring a guest from another school?”

A: Yes, as long as the guest is under 21 and proper documentation has been filed. You can find these guest forms in our school’s front office.

Q: “Where can I buy my tickets?”

A: Members of the prom committee will be selling prom tickets during B and C lunches for one to two weeks starting sometime in April. Tickets will be $25 for one or $40 for two. When tickets are bought, the prom committee will write down the student’s name and their date’s name so that proper names will be called during promenade.

Q: “How long do I have to stay at the dance?”

A: Students must stay at the dance until 9:15 p.m. to ensure safety.

To prepare for prom, the dress code is formal, but not required. Many students rent out tuxedos or buy prom dresses. Heels, dress shoes, makeup, fancy hairstyles, and corsages and boutonnieres are also common preparations that many students do. Although these things are commonly done, they are never required to attend prom. Prom is meant for students to have fun with their peers, never to single out others. Below I have provided information on low-cost alternatives for all of your prom needs!

Prom Attire:

Cinderella Boutique- 18 N 2nd St. Curwensville, PA

Goodwill- 1800 Daisy St. Clearfield, PA

David’s Bridal- Logan Town Center, 218 Falon Lane, Altoona, PA

Prom dresses and tuxedos can even be found for low prices through the Facebook marketplace and/or Facebook prom closet groups.

Hair and Nails:

Tangled Salon- 16 N 2nd St, Clearfield, PA

Corsages and Boutonnieres:

Clearfield Floral Design- 109 N 3rd St. Clearfield, PA