Sadie Hawkins Dance Raises Money for Children’s Aid Society

Picasa

Pictured are (left to right) Amber Morris (the Cheshire Cat in “Alice in Wonderland”); Eric Griffith (David from “Transgender America”); Lauren Butler and Mike Ternoway (from “Sandlot”); Gideon Knepp (the Joker in “Batman”) and Morgan Johns (Harley Quinn from “Suicide Squad”).”

Erica Hanes

On Saturday, September 25, Clearfield’s Spanish and German honor societies held a movie-themed Sadie Hawkins dance. The turnout was more than expected, with a total of 183 excited students raising about $331.00. All of the proceeds from the ticket sales will be donated to the Children’s Aid Society to help children in need.

The theme for this year’s dance was to dress as characters from your favorite movie.  Lauren Butler, a senior at Clearfield,  commented, “I thought it was pretty creative and a good idea. It was different from the past themes they’ve had.” Lauren and her date, Michael Ternoway, dressed as Squints and Wendy Peffercorn from the Sandlot. The couple also won the best costume award receiving a $10 Sheetz gift card.

The students had a blast and were excited to spend the night with their friends. This shows how high school students are able to get together and have fun, all while raising money for a good cause.