Christmas Spirit Is in the Air at Breakfast with Santa

Chasity Weber, Staff Writer

Breakfast with Santa was held December 9, 2017 at the high school. There were about 90 kids with their families who attended. Breakfast was held in the cafeteria and was served by members of three student clubs: FCCLA, Helping Hands, and Key Club. There were two elves from each club who escorted the children and their families to the different stations.

Before going to see Santa and Mrs. Claus, the kids stopped at the reindeer station, where their hand prints were turned into cute reindeer of all sizes on a card with their names on it. After making their way into the library they had the option to either play some games, get their face painted, do some crafts, or go see Santa. Most children did all four of these activities, others were just excited to see Santa and tell him what they wanted for Christmas.

After visiting with Santa and Mrs. Claus, all the children had the opportunity to visit the cookie decorating station and create a masterpiece. On their way out the children and their families stopped by the reindeer station and picked up their hand prints. Also, each child received a gift with either a tiara or a top hat.

When all the fun was over the event raises about $500, which was donated toward buying Christmas gifts for children in the foster care system.