The Dance Company to celebrate 20th dance recital

The recital ticket design for the twenty years theme.

Taylor Trinidad, Staff Writer

Twenty years ago, The Dance Company Clearfield was created under the direction of Dana Timko. This year, the annual dance recital will be a special one, as it is the twenty-year anniversary. The recital is titled “The Best of 20 Years” and will feature dances from the past twenty years re-done by this year’s students.

Some dances feature famous songs that you may recognize like Rhythm Nation by Janet Jackson which will open the show, Ice Cream Freeze by Miley Cyrus, Can’t Touch This by MC Hammer, Lose My Breath by Destiny’s Child, Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani, and many more. The show will finish with the ever-famous Disney song, The Circle of Life, with students of all ages followed by one big finale to the song Celebration with the entire company.

In addition to the many student-performed dances, there will also be one dance that many graduated alumni will return to perform to celebrate twenty years. They will be performing to the song Soul Bossa Nova from the movie Austin Powers.

Twenty years also gives The Dance Company an opportunity to do something fun and special to celebrate, so this year the competition teams have the opportunity to travel to Disney World to take a class and perform in Disney Springs this June.

“Come and get tickets, you’ll have a great time!” says CHS freshman and The Dance Company student, Madison Wanamaker.

The recital will be held at the Clearfield Area Junior Senior High School on June 15 at 7 p.m., with tickets $10 at the door, so come out and support our local talent and see a spectacular show!