Mrs. Reefer is new English teacher

Mrs.+Reefer

Cassie Eamigh

Mrs. Reefer

Cassie Eamigh, Staff Writer

This year at CAJSHS, we have welcomed a new teacher into our school. Mrs. Reefer is a junior high English teacher and she has answered some questions for us to get to know her better.

Question: Have you worked at another school before transferring?

Mrs. Reefer: “I previously worked for Pleasant Local Schools, Marietta City Schools, and Epworth Preschool & Daycare.”

Question: How long have you been a teacher?

Mrs. Reefer: “I have been an educator for 9 years.”

Question: What grade(s) did you teach?

Mrs. Reefer: “I have subbed in everything from Gym to German, but I had my own classrooms teaching 4th & 5th grade English/Language Arts and 5th grade Social Studies.”

Question: How do you feel about our school so far?

Mrs. Reefer: “I feel welcomed and a part of the Clearfield Area School District already. I am enjoying getting to know my students and colleagues more and more each day.”

Question: What made you want to start a career in teaching?

Mrs. Reefer: “I love school. When I decided on a career, I wanted to spend as much time in school as possible. I strive to be a lifelong learner, so teaching made sense to me. I get to go to school forever.”

Question: What school(s) have you taught at?

Mrs. Reefer: “I have taught at Pleasant Middle School, Putnam Elementary School, and Harmar Elementary School. I’ve also been a substitute teacher in over 20 schools throughout Ohio and PA.”

Question: When did you begin teaching?

Mrs. Reefer: “I started teaching after leaving law school. I decided not to be a lawyer, and instead, went back to school to get a Masters degree in Middle Childhood Education.”

Question: Do you plan to be a junior high teacher for the rest of your teaching career at CAJSHS?

Mrs. Reefer: “Yes. I enjoy teaching junior high, but would be open to teaching Reading or Social Studies in the future.”

Question: What are you looking forward to this upcoming year?

Mrs. Reefer: “I look forward to getting to know my students more in order to create a comfortable and enthusiastic learning environment.”