Alice in Wonderland cast preparing for Dec. show

Sydney Salvatore

Taylor Trinidad got the lead role of Alice in the play Alice in Wonderland.

Sydney Salvatore, Staff Writer

The Alice in Wonderland play will be held in the Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School auditorium on the 5th, 6th, and 7th of December at 7:00 p.m. The auditions for the cast were held, casting Taylor Trinidad with the lead role of Alice. Taylor encourages everyone to come see the show they will work hard to put on. “Come take an adventure in Wonderland with this amazing cast,” says Taylor.

There was a total of 35 students who auditioned and as always, every student was cast. Many factors go into casting the lead roles of the play, Mr. Switala said: “Confidence, voice clarity, clear enunciation, ability to project voice, and audition preparedness.”

The play, Alice in Wonderland, was chosen because it is a timeless classic that most people know the story to. Many people will be interested in it and enjoy the story, although the cast is hoping to bring some new twists to the memorable story. Mr. Switala likes to choose fun shows that will allow the cast and audience to have fun and enjoy it more. Comedies are generally received better than serious dramas, which is why he likes to find comedies and keep everyone laughing and entertained.

Mr. Switala has been involved in directing theatre productions for more than 20 years. He started directing theatre at the school when the drama program was restarted, bringing back live theatre in 2014.