2020-21 graduation approaches: Here are latest details

2020-21 senior graduation logo.

Emily Hanes, Staff Writer

For the 2020-21 school year, graduation will be held on Thursday, June 3, at 7:00 p.m. and is planned outside on the field unless weather forces the ceremony to be held inside. Graduation is going to be planned to be as traditional as possible, says Mrs. Prestash, high school principal.

This year there will be a similar set-up as previous years with graduates on the field on two sides with a separation in the middle. The chairs may be further apart than before to accommodate social distancing. If there would be a need for an inside graduation, due to weather, it will be held in the auditorium with overflow seating in the Weiss gym. A live stream of the event will be shown in the gym.

Similar to last year, there will be a colored ticket system that will be used for both the inside and outside ceremony. The ticket will get you into both events. If inside, one color will get you into the auditorium and the other color will allow access to the gym. As of now, there will be masks and social distancing required unless the CDC says otherwise.

As of now, graduation practice will be held Tuesday, June 1, Wednesday, June 2, and the morning of Thursday, June 3. A senior breakfast will occur and there is the possibility of a senior walk within the halls of the Junior-Senior High School.

Mrs. Prestash said: “Graduation is a very special ceremony for you, your parents, family, friends, teachers and administration. The rest of your senior year and graduation night will go fast. Take pictures with family and friends.  This will be the last time all of you are together as the Class of 2021; enjoy the moment with your classmates!”