Mr. Switala directs school play “Puffs”

The cast list appears here.

Carrie Fox, Staff Writer

This fall, at Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High school, Mr. Switala will be directing the play “Puffs”. Puffs is about a certain boy wizard who went to a certain wizard school and conquered evil. This, however, is not his story. This is the story of the Puffs, who just happened to be there too. A tale for anyone who has never been destined to save the world. This play is one of the most popular plays for high schools in the U.S. “It challenges our actors to jump into different characters quickly and showcase there talents,” Mr. Switala remarks.

There are quite a few main characters in this play. The main characters are, Wayne Hopkins, a nerdy wizard boy from New Mexico; Oliver Rivers, a mathematician wizard from New Jersey; Megan Jones, daughter of the infamous Xavia Jones who thinks she should be in the Snakes house; Narrator, the one with all the heavy books; Cedric, the lead Puff at the magic school; Mr. Voldy, an evil and dark lord who wants to take over the school and kill Harry; Mr. Potter, a famous student in the Brave house who kills magical beasts and constantly steals opportunities from the Puffs; Susie Bones, a Puff who lives in fear of death, due to the fact that her entire family died; J Finch Fletchley, a flamboyant and happy Puff; Sally Perks, she goes to school here; Ernie Mac, a very confident and self obsessed Puff; Hannah, a shy Puff who gets made fun of by the other houses; Leanne, a Puff who grew up as an only child and wants to be friends with everybody.

Puffs will be performed on Dec. 3 and 4 at 7:00 p.m. and Dec. 5 at 2:00 p.m. Mr. Switala also states, “The CHS Drama Club is always looking for new members and welcomes anyone to come and talk to us about being apart of the group.”