New advisor combines student councils

Ms. Huff

Ms. Huff

Cara Turner, Staff Writer

For the first time, Junior and Senior high Student Councils are being advised by one person, Ms. Huff. She explains, “I felt the club has been in chaos due to the Covid restraints more recently and I wanted a change from doing 11th-grade advisor, so this seemed like a good opportunity to stay equally engaged and involved with students but trying something new.”

For the next upcoming event Student Council is hosting, Ms. Huff explains for the next upcoming event Student Council is hosting, Holiday Spirit Week which will be held during the 3 days before Christmas break, December 20th-22nd, and Student Council will also be selling candy cane grams the week before Spirit Week so they can be delivered during spirit week.

Ms. Huff is open to any new suggestions that Student Council may want to do in the future and said she would like to bring back events and things that were lost during Covid-19.

Ms. Huff also explains why she combined Junior and Senior High Student Council, “I am hopeful that students that want to get involved in 7th or 8th grade will continue to stay involved through their high school years as well and foster a better understanding and level of participation from them when they are in 9-12th grade.”

Instead of having officers for Junior High Student Council Ms. Huff says that they will just be part of the standard Student Council. She believes it will provide a greater opportunity for the Junior High students to learn from the current officers before being put in a role they don’t understand.