Emma Quick selected to represent Clearfield in Macy’s Parade

Cara Turner, Staff Writer

Emma Quick had the opportunity to be a part of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York City. It was held Thursday, November 25th from 9:00 AM till 12:00 PM. She was the only student from Clearfield to perform in this event.

Emma auditioned for the parade in late May/early June. She plays the Clarinet, and to audition she had to make a video that was 3-5 minute long solo, she added that it was at a certain difficulty level and then she had to make another video of her marching with her instrument.

She was home alone when she opened the email informing her that she had been selected and said she screamed when she read the good news.

She said, “My favorite part of this experience was meeting so many new people, everyone was so kind, and I would meet dozens of new people every day.”

Emma explained, the parade route was 2.5 miles and she auditioned because she thought it would be a cool experience.

She explained, “The most challenging part of this experience for me was staying on top of my A-game all the time during long rehearsals.”

The official name of Emma’s unit in the parade was called, “Macy’s Great American Marching Band.”

There were 224 performers in the Marching Band, there were also 30 flags and nine dancers. The Macy’s Branded Entertainment selects individuals to include in the marching band after watching their audition tape.