New Ski Club offering multiple trips this winter

https%3A%2F%2Fwww.holidayvalley.com%2F

https://www.holidayvalley.com/

Carrie Fox, Staff Writer

Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High Ski Club welcomes anyone and everyone to sign up and go on trips to Holiday Valley Ski Resort in Ellicottville New York. You don’t even have to attend club meetings to ski with the club.

Mrs. McGranor explains, “You do not have to know how to ski to go on ski trips. Student lift tickets come with a free one-hour lesson. Ski instructors will teach you how to ski right on site. This is also a great deal offered to students, as ski lessons are usually very expensive. Everyone should take advantage of the lessons. They teach you at your level, so even good skiers can get better by taking a lesson!”

You do not have to own your own equipment to ski. Most people do not have their own equipment when they begin to ski/board. Holiday Valley has high quality rentals available for only $10. Many people rent equipment for many, many years.

It costs $60 for your bus trip (Fullington bus) and lift ticket for Holiday Valley. If you need rental skis/snowboard, it is $10 more. You can also rent a helmet for $6. If a student has family members who want to ski, they can take advantage of our greatly discounted lift ticket rate of $32, as well.

Simple requirements are you must not have discipline issues and you must be academically eligible. You also must turn in all 3 permission slips and money for trips.

The first trip is scheduled for January 8th and the deadline to sign up was December 22. The second trip is scheduled for January 29 and the deadline is January 14. The third trip is scheduled for February 5th and the deadline is January 21. The 4th and last trip is scheduled for February 26 and the deadline is February 11.

Mrs. McGranor also notes, “This is a great opportunity to make many memories and get out and learn to love winter! Skiers and snowboarders look forward to winter! The first bus is almost completely full, so if you are interested in skiing, get signed up quickly so you don’t miss your chance!”