Freshmen class field trip to Harrisburg planned April 26

The+State+Capitol+Building+In+Downtown+Harrisburg+Pennsylvania+USA+%28Source%3A+Office+of+Attorney+General%29+

Getty Images

The State Capitol Building In Downtown Harrisburg Pennsylvania USA (Source: Office of Attorney General)

Carrie Fox, Staff Writer

The 2021-2022 school year is coming to an end very quickly, which means field trips are taking place very soon. Many classes are planning on taking a class trip, and on April 26, the Freshmen class will be taking a field trip to Harrisburg. Students will be taking a tour of the Capitol Building and will get to explore the State Museum of Pennsylvania.

Students will be put into small groups and will do a rotation. They will take a 40-minute guided tour of the Capitol Building and then will have the opportunity to explore the museum the rest of the trip.

Students going on the trip will be given a bagged breakfast and lunch provided by the school cafeteria.

This class trip was selected because a small group of students went to Harrisburg a few years back and thought it would be a great trip to tie into the ninth grade Civics curriculum, so they recommended it would be a great class trip for freshmen.

Ms. Appleton, freshmen advisor, hopes that at the Capitol students will make connections to what they have learned in Civics class this year. She also says she feels it’s important for students to know the history of Pennsylvania.