Senior class will visit Washington D.C.

The Washington Monument overlooks the city.

Elle Smith, Staff Writer

This year, the seniors at Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School will be going to Washington, D.C. for their class trip. This trip will take place on May 20. Their class adviser, Mrs. Sallack, says, “Several students would never have the opportunity to visit Washington, D.C. and we believe that every student should see where a lot of the history of the United States is able to be viewed.”

To begin the day, the students will be served breakfast through the CHS cafeteria. Once in D.C., the students will be able to visit many historical sites, such as the National Museum of American History, the National Gallery of Art, the United States Botanic Garden, the National Museum of African Art, the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, the National Museum of Natural History, the Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden, and the National Museum of the American Indian.

Mrs. Sallack reports that students will be responsible for their own lunch, but they will be provided with maps, materials, and other information so that they can “get the most out of their one-day trip to D.C.”

Mrs. Sallack will be overseeing the entire trip, along with the help of other teachers who will be acting as chaperones. The trip, which has been paid for through the Senior Class Fund-raiser, has been noted as “very beneficial” by many students, according to Mrs. Sallack, and “…they appreciate what they have been learning in school about our country and the meaning behind where we have been in the past to the current day.”