Ms. Rishell Begins a New Position in the English Department

Ms. Rishell, English Teacher at CHS

Emily McCracken

Clearfield Area Junior-Senior High School is happy to welcome Ms. Rishell. She will be a new face in the English department, teaching 9-12th in English Composition and Journalism this school year.

Ms. Rishell attended Marion Center High School. Then, she received her Bachelor’s in English Education, as well as a Masters in Composition and Literature, at IUP. “I wanted to be an English teacher because I believe that communication in the real world is really important, and some students graduate without being able to advocate for themselves and express their opinions in an effective way,” she adds.

Ms. Rishell has been teaching English 7-12, AP Language and Composition, Speech and Drama, and Cyber courses for the past five years at Purchase Line. Although she has not had any prior experience teaching Journalism, she believes her favorite part will be the unique real-world applications and the professional opportunities that the course provides.

In her free time, she enjoys gardening, seeing live music, cooking, and being involved at the CAST. Having a strong love for music, some of her favorite genres to listen to include ska punk and alternative. “I basically listen to everything except country,” she says.

With it being her first year, she is looking forward to what the overall environment of the district and her classroom has to offer. “I am most looking forward to just finding my groove this year! I want to get comfortable in my room and in the district. I want to build a great classroom culture that allows student to put their best foot forward.”

Overall, it seems that she has had a great first impression here at Clearfield High School. “What I most enjoy so far is how involved everyone is in something, from athletics to arts. I’m very excited to get to know everyone and become a Bison.”