Meet the Lady Bison Soccer Seniors

All six of the Lady Bison seniors after their senior night victory over Penns Valley.

Alayna Winters, Staff Writer

The Lady Bison soccer team has had a very successful year. After finishing the regular season, they ended up with a record of 16-2. In the Mountain League, they were undefeated with a record of 14-0. Their great success would be even more challenging without the help of their six fantastic seniors: Elle Smith, Megan Hamm, Cara Turner, McKenna Lanager, Riley Ryen, and Abby Ryan. All six are four-year Varsity starters, and they have played key roles in the building of the program. I took the opportunity to ask each senior a few questions. Here, they share some details about themselves and their soccer careers.

Q: How many years have you played soccer?

Smith: 14 years

Hamm: 12 years

Turner: 14 years

Lanager: 14 years

Ryen: 15 years

Ryan: 13 years

Q: What position do you play?

Smith: Forward or midfield

Hamm: Outside back or right wing

Turner: Center back

Lanager: Midfield

Ryen: Forward

Ryan: Center back

Q: What is your favorite pregame meal?

Smith: A peanut butter and jelly sandwich

Hamm: Subway

Turner: Any type of pasta

Lanager: Subway

Ryen: BLT from Subway

Ryan: Subway

Q: What would you consider to be the highlight of your career?

Smith: I would say that the highlight of my career was winning Districts my sophomore year.

Hamm: Winning Districts was the highlight of my soccer career.

Turner: Winning Districts and progressing to States, or winning the Mountain League three years in a row.

Lanager: Winning the Mountain League three years in a row and having an undefeated season last year.

Ryen: I was ranked fifth in the nation for assists on MaxPreps my junior year.

Ryan: I would consider winning Districts my sophomore year to be the highlight of my career.

Q: If you could go back and change one thing in your soccer career what would it be?

Smith: The outcome of last year’s district final. I would change the score so that we would come out as the district champions instead of Karns City.

Hamm: I would be more confident on the field.

Turner: It would have to be to allow myself to enjoy it instead of constantly being in a competitive mindset.

Lanager: I would be more confident in myself and not be so hard on myself.

Ryen: I would appreciate the time I’ve had with my teammates more.

Ryan: I would work harder in practice, and I would appreciate the time I had with all of my teammates and the memories I made more.

Q: What are your future plans?

Smith: I plan to attend Indiana University of Pennsylvania to play soccer and earn my undergraduate credits to attend Life University, where I will earn my Doctor of Chiropractic degree.

Hamm: I plan to attend Clarion University to become a nurse practitioner.

Turner: My future plans are to attend college and become a traveling nurse practitioner.

Lanager: I plan on going to college at Indiana University of Pennsylvania or Clarion to become a nurse or teacher.

Ryen: I plan to attend either Pitt, Penn Tech, or Slippery Rock to become a physician’s assistant.

Ryan: My future plans are to attend Penn State University to become a speech pathologist.