Upcoming Key Club Events

Arika Jones, Staff Writer

Key Club will be participating in three events this month. One of the biggest events that Key Club does in Operation Christmas Child. This is a project of Samaritan’s Purse and is a way for people to bless less fortunate children around the world by filling boxes with toys, school supplies, personal care items, crafts and activities, etc. Students from Key Club will pack boxes at a packing party and will be shipping the boxes to children who are not fortunate enough to get Christmas gifts. The packing party will happen on November 9th, and Key Club will be inviting faculty and staff to join them and/or donate items to this event.

Another event that Key Club will be participating in this month is the Fall Festival for Saint Francis. The club has been helping with this event for years, and students who go always have a good time. This will be taking place on November 13th from 10:30 am – 4:00 pm at Saint Francis school in town. Students who work this event are expected to help with a variety of activities throughout the day, such as games with the kids, washing dishes, cleaning and re-setting tables, and handing out drinks.

The last event Key Club is planning on helping with this month is a pancake breakfast for election day. This event is on November 8th and the time is not yet determined. This is a new event for Key Club, so members and advisors are excited to serve food and help with other activities at this event.

Key Club member Renee Barr is most excited for the Fall Festival at Saint Francis. She said, “I have heard members from previous years talk about this event and they always seem to enjoy it, so I am excited to see what it’s about.” Renee is a first-year member and has been enjoying the different events so far this year. The upcoming Key Club events will be a fun way for students to get involved in the community.