The Sophomores Go to Gettysburg

washingtonpost.com+

washingtonpost.com

Renee Barr, Staff Writer

The Sophomore class took a trip to Gettysburg, PA on Wednesday, October 26, 2022. The Clearfield Area School District wanted the students to see the rich history in the state of Pennsylvania. Students had to pay $20 to attend this trip. Fullington buses transported the students, and they had adult chaperons on the buses. The students departed at 6:15 am and arrived back at the school at around 7:30 pm.

The students arrived at Gettysburg Visitor Center at around 9:30. After arriving, they went to Cyclorama, a Film and Museum Experience. This experience provided the students with a background about the Battle of Gettysburg and got them ready for the in-depth tour of the battlefield.

The Sophomores were able to visit the souvenir shop and were provided with lunch before their tour. The guided tour of the battlefield was at 12:30. Each Fullington bus had a tour guide, and the students were able to stop at historical sights and explore them. Students got to see monuments, markers, and memorials on their tour of the Gettysburg battlefield.

After wrapping up their tour of the battlefield, the students got a class picture at the Eternal Light Peace Memorial. They loaded the buses and headed back to the Clearfield Area Junior Senior High School and arrived at 7:00 pm.

A few Sophomores I talked to emphasized that they enjoyed the trip, and they would recommend it to anyone that is interesting in the history of Pennsylvania.