Junior Class Trip to Niagara Falls

Friends pose in front of Canadian Horseshoe Falls

Jacob Samsel

The junior class of Clearfield Jr/Sr High School had an exciting field trip on October 19. They all ventured over to Niagara Falls for the day. For some students, there were many memories made and new experiences.

Cole Bloom was one of the students who attended this field trip. There were multiple events that he went to while at the falls. In Cole’s opinion, “My favorite part of the trip was doing the Maid of the Mist. It was an up-close experience to the falls that allowed me to capture more pictures.” The Maid of the Mist is a boat ride that goes past the American Falls and then into the basin of the Canadian Horseshoe Falls. It is a wet experience like no other and should definitely be done with a poncho.

As the students were there to observe the falls, there was also a little park filled with squirrels. Cole stated, “I had a new experience that was quite weird, which was when we were walking to the visit center and the squirrels were jumping on people’s legs and being playful.” Most of the students could be seen stopping in this area to play around for a little, with the squirrels. To most of the students, it was scary to have one jump on them, but Cole’s friend group was trying to attract the squirrels over so they could get interesting pictures.

Even with the chilly weather and getting soaked from the falls, the students still had a fun time at Niagara. Cole added, “I am very glad that I got to go on the field trip this year. The only thing that sucked was when it started sprinkling a little bit.” The weather may not have been the best, but Cole still enjoyed every bit of the trip.

Something that made the trip a lot better for Cole was stopping to get food after they started heading home. Cole and his friends decided to go to a couple of places to eat. Cole said, “My friends and I went to both Chipotle and Popeyes.” This made the trip greater than expected because by the time they got the food, they were cold and starving. So, food was the perfect thing to top off Cole’s trip to Niagara Falls.

The time got backed up from students trying to order food and go to the bathroom, so Cole did not get home until around 10:30. The Maid of the Mist also backed up the time because the students did not get on the boat until thirty minutes past schedule due to the other boat ride that was in front of them.

Juniors enjoying their trip